Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sweets?.......... I think so!

I know I have not written in a bit but life has been crazy on my end. I had to go to the grocery store today and as we were shopping I realized I have no clue why we buy sweets like candy and pre-packaged cookies... please do not get me wrong they are yummy but they add up in price plus other things. Then we do not eat all of it and then it gets thrown out for being bad but when I make something it is all gone.. do you see the problem here?

To make a large family treat is often cheaper then buying it but the problem is it usually takes time. However, I am self-employed and a stay at home mom! So why am I not in the kitchen making yummys! I come from a large family of bakers on both sides.. I mean both of my grandmothers baked, most of aunts cook, and not to mention many of my cousins. So why am I not exploring my baking skills more then I already do? Well that is all about to change! I have challenged myself to explore baking and making more yummy treats then once in a blue moon.

I know I make a killer fruit tart but would love to improve on my cookies skills! I also know there are tons of sights with tons of yummy ideas!

So here is one of the first ones I want to tackle



Mini Strawberry Pies Recipe
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup vanilla sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
a dash of cinnamon


Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray large ramekins with oil and place in the fridge (this helps shape the puff pastry better). In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon, then mix in strawberries and set aside.


Roll out thawed puff pastry and cut out pieces large enough to fill the insides of your ramekins. Press each puff pastry piece inside ramekins, then fill each with strawberry mixture. Cut thin strips of puff pastry and arrange across the tops of the ramekins in a criss-cross pattern and pinching each seam. Place ramekins on a sheet pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: makes 2 large ramekins

Found from  http://www.wishfulchef.com/2012/05/mini-strawberry-pies-for-mothers-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment