Saturday, May 31, 2014

Asparagus To Die For... Super Easy..Tested and Tried !!!

Okay there has been this recipe that I have seen floating on Facebook and Pinterest in many variations. It is oven roasted asparagus and the people that post about this or have re-pinned it claim it to be the best whether they have actually tried it or not. Well I have tried one of these recipes floating around and I am hooked. So here is my take on these amazing oven roasted asparagus!

What You Will Need
Asparagus 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt (I used sea salt)
Original Mrs. Dash (My choice of seasoning)
Cookie Sheet
Wax Paper

If you have not already done so rinse your asparagus and trim off the white ends. Lay freshly trimmed asparagus on lined cookie sheet. 


Then lightly drizzle the asparagus with EVO (extra virgin oil). To make sure they were light coated I just slightly tossed them with my hand. Then I sprinkled salt and Original Mrs. Dash my choice of seasoning because I could not find my pepper. 

Then I popped it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes on 350. Most recipes I have seen say 400 for 8 minutes but I know how my oven is so that is why I choose 350 and it came out wonderful! I can see why entire households who like entire asparagus go nuts for these type recipe. Well here is my final result!


I could not help to sneak a piece before dinner and I was taken a back! Not only did I find it easier than steaming asparagus I found that it taste a lot better. Now I am the only in my household that really eats asparagus. My son is really discovering this vegetable and my husband prefers never to touch it but I made him try it and he liked it. He actually ate a few pieces for dinner and that is saying something for someone who does not touch asparagus. What I also love about this recipe is you can season it how you want! If you want spice add a little spice. I have also seen these recipes where people shake Parmesan cheese on them. I really do believe the choices are endless on this side dish and can be tailored to personal choice.

Well enjoy this simple, yummy, side dish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment