Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Easter Miracle

Image Found On Google Free Images 


I wanted to let you know something that happen last night that was not only only miracle but a huge blessing as well!!!

I went and did grocery shopping last night for Easter dinner. I however, stopped at Dollar General first because they had these small plastic pools that I am using for the Easter basket (it is a family Easter Basket will explain that later in another post). Well I put it in the back of the truck then I ran into the grocery store. When I came out I loaded up the truck to include putting stuff in the pool so it would not blow away thinking safety first and not wanting the pool to blow out the back off the truck....

When I returned the cart. I have no idea why I did not close the back of my back tail gate (I always do). Well when I was driving off and pulling onto the main road I heard this sound... and my heart just dropped ...I was like OMG and did say a couple of not-to-nice words.... please tell me that I closed  the back of the truck. I pull over, glance into the truck, and  sure enough everything is missing. One of my greatest fears have just come true, I put a whole lot of people in danger because of my careless mistake.

MY first thought was to look over there did I just cause wreck!!!.... THANKFULLY NO!!! The next thing was how or what to do get back to where the pool/groceries where I was sure all destroyed....then I backed the truck up to the nearest parking lot to find a car coming towards me! My anxiety was starting to go in overdrive and every thought just flooded my mind. He had my pool still intact and the food that I just purchased still all intact... which was a huge relief I am talking milk and juices! When you are one income family we need to watch every penny.... I first apologized so much but he kept saying it is okay...I also thanked him... and before he left he gave me a tip on gas mileage.

When I got back into the truck ....I just cried and prayed...... I had to sit there .... and was just thankful

Image Found Google Free Images
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a nice thing that man did. It's great to hear such wonderful stories. It really is such a blessing! Thank you for stopping by Perks of Ponder! You were set as a no-reply blogger. I can't wait to hear more about the family Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to tell people about the Easter Basket as well. Someone sent me the idea and I thought hey... I am out of the box kind of girl.... I am still very new to blogging world... so I still have so much learn on my blog and other blogger pages as well...

      Delete
  2. Courtney, this reminds me of something that happened to me a LONG time ago. I was in college with my roommate trying to get a mattress to our new apartment when the mattress flew off the car. Luckily, (amazingly) no other cars were around, but we had no idea how we were going to get that mattress back on top of the car. Suddenly a car pulled up next to us. A man got out with rope in hand,lifted the mattress on to our car, tied it securely in place, brushed off our profuse thanks and drove away. You are way to young to know about the Lone Ranger so you may have to Google this next part. We just looked at one another and said, "Who was that masked man?!!" I believe the Lone Ranger saved your pool and groceries as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great story thank you for sharing!!!

      Delete
  3. I love hearing stories that remind us that there is still good in the world! I'm so happy it all worked out for you, I know what it's like to be on a tight budget!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #MommyMeetupMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is good in this world but it is so heart warming to be on the end of it.

      Delete
  4. Makes me so happy to know that there are still people out there who look out for others. Especially in our selfish society. You just never know what someone else's situation is and when they help you despite that knowledge, I mean, that's what being a decent human bring is about, huh? Thank you for sharing this at #MommyMeetUpMondays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a great way of looking at it... I try to look at the world with beautiful eyes

      Delete
  5. So nice to hear stories about people helping others. I agree that when you are one income, losing groceries can be very stressful. I'm glad everything worked out for you. A family Easter basket sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just more happy that I did not cause an accident from the pool falling out the back... it is just a miracle all around

      Delete
  6. Ooh what a close one! Glad that nice person gathered what you dropped and found you. That could have been bad but thankfully no wrecks were caused.

    ReplyDelete