Wednesday, November 12, 2014

When One Door Closes, I Will Go Through A Window :The Closing of Gifts By Vaughn but The Birth Of A New Venture!!!

I am not exactly how to start this post off so I will just start typing...

I am a crafter and I have been dabbling in crafts ever since I could remember. Well a couple of years ago I decided to open a small craft business and sell my handmade goods just like many others have done. So I picked out a name got my first round of crafts made and GIFTS BY VAUGHN was born! 

Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life


Business was slow but slowly trickling in. I however was full of ambition, ideas, and complete confidence this would be a huge success!!! I had support from my family and friends but I learned very quickly with all that in ambitions, ideas, confidence, skills, and support from family and friends it was hard. There were things I had to learn very quickly the business side of the craft world. I had to learn about advertising, policies, shipping, time schedules, watermarks, inventory, bills, and book keeping (the list really could go on). I had the hardest time trying to figure out why it seemed to come easy to others and I was struggling to make sense of it all. I had the passion... didn't I? 

Yes I had the passion for the love crafting but not the passion for the business. Which I discovered you need have equal parts to make your business successful! If could never get them balanced and the more I tried the more passion I lost in crafting... and that is something was truly heartbreaking to me. Crafting is something I love to do and here I am dreading to have to crochet a hat or make another bow. I should not be loathing something I love to do....

So the question I had to ask myself is it worth it? 

Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life

The short answer is no... owning/running a small craft business was not worth it. I was losing to much of my self in the process. So I made choice to close down GIFTS BY VAUGHN. At first I had mix feeling about this but the more I thought about it I knew I was making the right decision. I knew I could still do private sales but I knew I would be free to be truly creative again. That is truly what happen... I started feeling like me once again in the creative side and wanting to get in my craft room once again. 

Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life

There was something that I did miss on my page and that was daily interaction on my page. So I decided to open to along with this blog a Facebook Page : A BIPOLAR MOM AND HER DAILY LIFE which can be found here https://www.facebook.com/bpmomandcrafter83?ref=hl . When I first open this page in September I had slight reservations on how people would accept or receive my page. However, the response has been overwhelming and positive!!!! I had no idea that opening up this page would grow as fast as it did and the people who come just to follow and support me. More importantly people have come to me since the page has open about their story or just needing to talk. It has been just amazing what this page has done already and I am excited to see where this page is headed. I can only hope for continue positive growth. 

So as I sum this up... yes one door may have closed.. but I closed that door  and decided to go through a window instead! 


No comments:

Post a Comment