Friday, December 19, 2014

Caleb is Turning 3: Part 1

I know this a little early

CALEB HUNTER
BUBBAS/MONSTER MAN/MONKEY

Caleb Hunter Vaughn Dec 21, 2011 Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life
On December 21, 2011 my life changed forever! I gave birth to an amazing little boy who was in the making for almost 6 years. My husband and I fought long and hard battle of infertility for almost 6 years when I became pregnant via an IUI with injections. I was high risk with Caleb due to the way Caleb was conceived and developing gestational diabetes (thank you PCOS) but there were complications in my last trimester. Caleb was not due until January 13 but decided he was going to break my water late on December 20th and because he remained breech the entire time I delivered him via c-section. Caleb was 8 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches and even though though he was an average size baby he was an early average size baby that needed help breathing. It would be almost 48 hours before I could hold my son for the first time and it had to be one of the hardest times of my lives with my husband being deployed and having Caleb in the NICU. However, his NICU stay would not be forever and Christopher would be home from deployment.

Caleb in the NICU Dec 2011: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life
Holding my son for the first time Dec 2011 :  Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life
He is such a mini me of his father! His mannerism, sense of humor, and temper all remind  me so much Christopher. He loves to be by his father's side and helping where ever he can! He watches, observes, figures things out, and often goes by itself. He is stubborn, hardheaded, imaginative, and thinks he is right just like his father. I feel like I am raising my husband sometimes. I wonder what it will be like when he gets older... only time will tell on that one.

Caleb meeting his daddy for the first time: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life

So much faith...LOL: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life

24 Books of Christmas and Corona : Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life


Turning 3...

It is very hard to picture Caleb as this tiny baby even though it was only three years ago. He is such an adventurous and strong willed child. From sun up to sun down he is a ball of pure energy that has me catching my breath most days. I have learned the whole new world of boys and it is filled with cars, super heroes, rough housing, and getting into things more than once after he was told no. Even with this rough tough boy he still loves to come up an sit on my lap and snuggle a little. He loves to give me kisses and hugs! He also still loves his special kiss on his forehead!!! We have discovered as fearless as he is though bugs stops him right in his path... taking after his Uncle Joshua in that matter. Hopefully this is just a phase or it will just narrow down to just spiders like his Uncle.

Bonding with his sister has been a truly unique and amazing experience to see. They truly do love each other, playing, and getting into trouble. He is so protective of her when they are outside or in unknown surroundings it is very heartwarming. I hope this continues to grows because to have a brother or sister so close in age is something special! Please do not get me wrong there are days they fight like cats and dogs but to know most days they love to be in each other company makes me feel like I have done something right in this thing called parenting.

Caleb and Caydance: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life

Caleb and Caydance: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life

Caleb and Caydance: Property Bipolar Mom and  Her Daily Life
Caleb has faced a couple of challenges in his short life already but I have discovered very early on he very much a fighter! I also discovered that it is very much on his time as well vs anyone else time schedule. He fought in the NICU and overcame that be overall healthy and loving little boy. He also is fighting and conquering his speech delay! It has been the most amazing, honoring, and humbling experience to trying to figure out what he wants or is trying to say to signing and saying more. Now he says more and more words, small phrases, and keeps on expanding! We still have a long way to go but knowing he is so smart and seeing his eyes light up when he learns a new word! I cannot wait to see what the next chapter holds!

Caleb turning 3 also holds great new adventures for him! With him turning the big 3 he transitioned out of his in home speech therapy to in school setting. So in the middle of November we started testing and to see what "services" Caleb qualified for and starting January my little man will be starting preschool with speech therapy! He will also be riding the bus! I am sure this will be filled of unknown times but as one mom told me he is on the right track built just for him.

My son is no longer a baby but turning into a little boy who I could not be more proud of!

LOVES: Cars, Transformers, Salad, Tacos, Helping Mom Cooks
DISLIKES: Bugs and Going to bed on time
COMPLETED: In Home Speech Therapy and pointing out body parts
WORKING ON: Speech and Potty Training

Caleb 2014 : Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life

Caleb 2014 : Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life


Caleb 2014 : Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life

Caleb 2014 : Property of Bipolar Mom and Her Daily Life

 I love this little guy more than anything ~A Bipolar Mom~









3 comments:

  1. timberland femme pas cher leaving the timberland femme pas cher hall and down the cheap, the air is only a Angela crying and a man gentle coax. Sister, do not cry, I picked up the bottle, when a child has chaussure timberland pas cher a little girl timberland femme pas cher crying, her mother said to look good cry. Oh, sister, do not cry, timberland femme pas cher although I do not know what my mother timberland homme pas cher coax a feeling, but I know you cry really look good.

    ReplyDelete