Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Birthday Wish... Is To Thank You



My birthday is coming up in just a few days and I always think to myself about birthday wishes. You know blow out your candles and make a wish, I really do not believe in it but it would have been nice to see a brand new car on my sweet 16 or a credit card with no limit. However, most often that is not life and those birthday wishes are just blown away. So instead of making a wish I am simply asking for a request.... a small one. I was inspired by a friend who uses her birthday to spread PCOS and I admire her for that. I was also inspired by my two grandmothers who both have birthdays in March, in fact all my grandmother's birthdays and mine are apart by one week 7, 14, 21 (How cool is that?).

I want people to be thankful for the people they have in their life. There is a song called Hero by Skillet and it has amazing lyrics... it talks about ordinary people you, me, and everyone else in between. We are surrounded by heroes and a lot of time people do not even realize it your take it for granted. There are groups that are always considered heroes like the police, firefighters, and military. Which I am thankful for and I know what my Marine has done and will continue to do. I know a lot of them tend to get shy when it comes to these thanks. I have a friend who is cop, I have known him for almost 15 years and he has done great things!!!

However, a lot of people go un-thanked. Have you ever thought about a doctor, nurse, teacher, a mother? There are some people I wish that I could go back and thank. I had this crazy chemistry teacher in high school who has set the ceiling on fire on more than one experiment. I want to thank her so much for her being just her and showing me love of science! My 6th grade science teacher for some reason hated chicken but introduced me to a science group.....

Doctors who help us in so many ways. A lot of people have health problems and we need doctors to help us. We need nurses to help us. I believe nurses are so special because they have to take a lot of crap from a lot of people and lets face it people... if we are crappy patients at home we are more then likely at the hospital as well. However, I know a caring smile from a nurse can help warm an isolated hospital room.

Now-there are people who say that is their job, that is what the signed up to do, that was there career choice.  This is very true, no one forced my husband's to sign his name on the dotted line. Yes my husband chose the military as a career and infantrymen in fact just like my Dad. He has been deployed into not favorable places, yes it is his job... BUT COULD YOU DO IT? ..... I know I could not! How about a doctor, that is what they get paid the big bucks for BUT I know I could not do open heart surgery or be an ER doctor.... or someone who specializes in an area to help you improve your quality life like being bipolar or fighting PCOS.

My Birthday Wish- is thank as many people as you want but to at least thank someone who you thinks is often unoticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment